We just had a fantastic weekend ride! The weather was cold, the team were eager, the food was good and it was so much fun!
- Canberra to Bungendore: meet at 7.45am, every one was on time, 2 deg C. Thankfully the new handgrip warmers installed OK the night before.
- Bungendore to Goulburn: (breakfast and coffee at the Paragon Cafe)
- Goulburn to Oberon: great riding, things had warmed up, stopped at Abercrombie river to enjoy and contribute in nature
- Oberon to Jenolan Caves: Watch out for the wildlife, watch out for the Moss, time for some lunch.
- Jenolan Caves to Mt Victoria: Great countryside, a stop for fuel for Phil at Mount Victoria,
- Mt Victoria to Bathurst: Down to Lithgow, across to Tarana, O’Connell and through to Bathurst, time to get in a lap around Mt Panorama and dinner at the RSL Club.
Video Day One
|[youtube width=”425″ height=”344″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdubxLYytI0[/youtube]|
- Breakfast and Mount Panorama race circuit (several laps some video and photos)
- Bathurst to Blayney: time for some fuel
- Blayney to Woodstock: Great highway riding, Australian style, stretched the legs on the big fella
- Woodstock to Wyangala Dam: Time to see where the water mark came to in the 80’s and 90’s, interesting road,
- Wyangala Dam to Boorowa: A few roos and some nesting emus make the ride more interesting
- Boorowa to Canberra: A bite of lunch at the bakery then head for home.
Video Day Two
|[youtube width=”425″ height=”344″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVoavuxR7y4[/youtube]|
So that was the weekend!
Enjoy the presentations.
[gmap width=”525″ height=”350]<iframe width=”525″ height=”350″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ src=”http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Canberra+Australian+Capital+Territory,+Australia&msa=0&msid=106367294356913683464.000486c77dcd57ec25578&ll=-34.349159,149.48524&spn=1.865762,1.5881&output=embed”></iframe><br /><small>View <a href=”http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Canberra+Australian+Capital+Territory,+Australia&msa=0&msid=106367294356913683464.000486c77dcd57ec25578&ll=-34.349159,149.48524&spn=1.865762,1.5881&source=embed” style=”color:#0000FF;text-align:left”>Old Farts Riding Trip</a> in a larger map</small>[/gmap]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.